Transferring to Morton College

  • Qualified college students are always welcome to continue their studies at Morton College.

    Transfer credit is accepted under the following conditions:

    • The institution previously attended must be accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools or a comparable regional accrediting association.
    • The student must submit an official transcript from each institution.
    • Credit may be transferred only in college-level courses in which a grade of “D” or above has been earned (Most receiving institutions will not accept a “D” –for transfer). A grade of “C” is required in ENG 101 and ENG 102 or course equivalents in all transfer degrees (A.A., A.S., A.F.A., A.A.T.)
    • A maximum of six semester hours of credit maybe be transferred in religion courses.
    • Transfer credit will be granted for course work for which a passing letter has been earned; however, grades earned in these transfer courses will not be included in the computation of the GPA at Morton College.
    • Credit from countries outside the United States may be considered. Students should consult with an Academic Advisor to determine whether a certified evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., or by World Education Services, Inc., is required.

    For more information, visit the Requirements page.

    For information on beginning the registration process, visit the Applying to a Degree or Certificate Program page.