Morton College has established a chapter with The National Society of Leadership and Success for its students. Billy Jacklin and Gabriela Mata will serve as the Chapter Advisors, helping to facilitate the five-step leadership program on campus.
What is the National Society of Leadership and Success?
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society and collegiate leadership development program, working with nearly one million students on over 600 colleges.The organization is based in New Jersey and includes two- and four-year schools such as Illinois, Auburn, Arizona State, Clemson, DePaul, Florida State, LSU, North Carolina State, Purdue, California and Vanderbilt as members.
NSLS differentiates itself from traditional honor societies in that students must complete a step-by-step leadership development program in order to become inducted. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop many in-demand skills such as leadership, communication and team building.
1. Orientation: This is the first event on campus for new members to learn the steps of the program and the schedule of events for the semester.
2. Leadership Training Day: Student members attend an interactive video training session where they identify goals and overcome obstacles.
3. Three Speaker Broadcast Events: Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year.
4. Three Success Networking Team Meetings: Students are assigned to small peer groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals and hold each other accountable.
5. Induction: Members receive their Certificate of Leadership Training honoring their achievement and lifetime membership into NSLS.
Who is invited to join NSLS?
Candidacy is determined by the local Chapter Leaders. For the Morton College chapter, students with between 6 to 36 credit hours and a 2.5 GPA were selected for nomination.
What are the benefits to students?
- Scholarships & Awards: NSLS members have access to over a quarter-million dollars in exclusive scholarships and awards.
- Job Bank: Members can apply to jobs/internships and have access to employers seeking to hire NSLS members.
- Partner Discounts & Benefits: Discounts on many retail goods and services.
- Custom Recommendations: Members receive personalized letters for graduate admissions officers and employers.
- Professional Communication Training: A professionally administered communication assessment tool (DiSC) helps to identify communication style, recognize and appreciate other styles, and prepares how to interact effectively with others.
- Nationwide Network: Members will join over 871,880 members at over 600 colleges in a network of support and motivation.
If you are interested in learning more about the Morton College NSLS chapter, please contact Gabriela Mata at firstname.lastname@example.org or (708) 656-8000 Ext. 2419.