Morton College’s Financial Aid Office is hosting a free
on-line FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) completion workshop.
Staff members from Morton College’s Financial Aid Office
will review how to complete the 2014-15 FAFSA forms, which are used in
determining the amount of federal and state financial aid a student is eligible
Please note the 2013-2014 FAFSA will no longer be available after 6/30/2014.
The session for students notified by either Morton College’s
Financial Aid Office or Federal Student Aid that corrections need to be made on
their FAFSAs begins at 2 p.m. The session for students filling out FAFSAs for
the first time starts at 2:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required and may be done so by calling
Nereida de la Torre in the Financial Aid Office at (708) 656-8000 Ext. 2427.
Space is limited.
Participants are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes early.
No one will be allowed to enter after the session is started because it is a
time-sensitive program and everyone must follow the presentation in the same
The following information is needed to complete the FAFSA
- Student driver’s license and Social Security number
- Student alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen)
- Student and/or parents’ 2013 Federal Tax returns (1040,
1040A, 1040EZ, 1040 Telefile) and 2014-2015 W-2 forms
- Parents’ Social Security numbers and dates of birth
- Parents’ marital status (month and year)
- Records of untaxed income (welfare, Social Security
benefits, AFDC, ADC, TANF or veterans’ benefits)